What’s New – February 2020
What’s New February brings some exciting news with a new partnership with Lenovo, a world leading technology company. Microsoft have released their monthly what’s new with a focus on tools for managers and new productivity experiences across Microsoft 365. We also have new software and updates from Corel, Veeam, SketchUp and Retrospect.
Lenovo Partner – We are very excited to announce that we are now an Authorised Lenovo Partner. Lenovo are one of the world’s leading personal technology companies, producing innovative PCs and mobile internet devices.
Here are some of our featured Lenovo products:
- Lenovo ThinkPad V Series
- Lenovo ThinkPad X Series
- Lenovo ThinkPad E Series
- Lenovo ThinkPad L Series
- Lenovo 14w Windows
- Lenovo 14e Chromebooks
- Lenovo ThinkSmart Hub
Microsoft Monthly What’s New – This month, Microsoft are focusing on tools for Firstline Workers and Managers, new productivity experiences across Microsoft 365, and more.
- 0:28 Microsoft Edge
- 4:30 Microsoft Search
- 4:54 Data Residency in Switzerland
- 5:22 Microsoft Online Services Terms
- 6:49 Windows 7 End of Support
- 9:17 Walkie Talkie in Teams
- 9:52 Microsoft Graph Connectors
- 10:35 SMS Codes in Teams
- 10:45 Shared Device Sign-Out in Teams
- 11:00 Delegated User Management in Teams
- 11:32 Off Shift Access Controls in Teams
- 11:45 Live Presentations
CorelCAD 2020 – Experience a simplified CAD workflow using the professional, time-saving tools in CorelCAD™ 2020, available on Windows and macOS, at an affordable price. Collaboration is easy with full native .DWG file format support. Leverage the enhanced 2D drafting functionality, advanced 3D modeling tools, and .STL support to elevate design efficiency and optimize output.
- Professional 2D drafting and 3D design tools
- Industry-standard file compatibility with .DWG, .STL, .PDF, and .CDR*
- Time-saving collaboration and project sharing
- Optional automation and customization
Veeam Availability Suite v10 – Greater platform extensibility, data mining through APIs, and over 150 enhancements make Veeam the one solution for complete data management and protection for hybrid environments.
- Seriously powerful NAS backup
- Data in, ransomware locked out with immutable S3 object storage
- Instant recovery for Instant Business Agility
- And much more!
MindManager 20.1 – The latest version of MindManager 2020 for Windows and MindManager Enterprise is now available. Included in this update are enhancements to MindManager 2020 for Windows, MindManager Server App for SharePoint, and Reader Applications for Windows and Mac.
- MindManager Learning Center
- Improved object support, including better text, formatting, and alignment functionality
- Multiple view enhancements that bring greater clarity to your diagrams
- New task attributes in formulas that enhance resource management capabilities
- New functionality added to Excel Data Mapper
- Performance optimizations, bug fixes, and feature improvements
Trimble SketchUp 2020 – A great mix of the classic desktop software, with the shiny new SketchUp for Web modeler, and all sorts of things you’ve been asking for over the years – including the ability to publish, share, and store projects in the cloud with Trimble Connect.
- SketchUp Pro 2020: your [3D] creative space
- The SketchUp Universe: nomenclatures
- LayOut 2020: document control
NEW Retrospect Coming soon– Retrospect are excited to announce new versions of the Retrospect product line: Retrospect Backup 17 and Retrospect Virtual 2020. With new streamlined onboarding process, you can set up Retrospect on your physical or virtual environment in a few minutes and monitor the entire infrastructure from a single pane of glass with Retrospect Management Console.