Are you a good storyteller with a passion for technology?
Are you a good storyteller with a passion for technology? If so, we would like to hear from you.
Based in one of the UK’s most beautiful locations, Pugh Computers is a well-respected company providing cloud and hybrid technology solutions to the education, voluntary and commercial sectors through licencing agreements with the world’s leading software providers such as Microsoft and Adobe.
As a sales account manager, you will be responsible for pro-actively managing and developing existing and new sales accounts to achieve long-term success. You will grow your territory and business by building successful, ethical, long-term client relationships and becoming the customers’ trusted advisor.
Working to pre agreed sales, profit & margin targets that support the annual business objectives, you will work closely with marketing to build customer specific action plans and identify new business opportunities within your product portfolio.
Technology sales and licensing advice is predominantly by telephone, with occasional site visits to key customers’ therefore excellent communication, negotiation and storytelling skills are required within this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with senior management, set business and personal goals that are aligned to company strategy and objectives
- In conjunction with senior management, prepare account management plans with defined actions and responsibilities
- Maintain up to date technology, product and licensing knowledge, skills and qualifications
- Gather and build detailed profiles of key customers and record the information in the CRM and ERP systems
- Analyse the business of key customers to identify needs and match with suitable solutions
- Engage and build key customer relationships with a strong focus on customer care
- Focus on retaining, acquiring and developing sales by following internal business processes
- Respond to customer enquiries for information, pricing, quotations and convert into sales
- Manage renewal business efficiently and effectively, adding value by upselling and cross-selling when appropriate
- Follow up sales leads from all sources (e.g. external and internal marketing campaigns, events, conferences)
- When following up sales leads, identify other opportunities for product sales and services required by the customer
- Record enquiries and opportunities in the CRM system for call backs etc.
- Customer recommendations – acquire testimonials and case studies from relevant customers
- Gather and provide product and sales data for the marketing department to improve on the usage and the targeting of marketing resources
- Build relationships with vendors including updating them on deals, pipeline, leads etc
- As part of the team approach adopted within the company, assist with other duties as required
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm in technology
- Ability to tell a sales story to customers
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, excellent organisational skills, efficient and delivers to deadlines
- Good communication skills that can work effectively as part of a team whilst able to manage their own work tasks
- A longer term commitment to the job and company
In return the company offers a friendly, flexible, office based work environment and a good OTE salary with other benefits including pension, life cover and health insurance.
In the first instance, interested candidates should email a CV and covering letter to Myra Pocock, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org